MAIVRIK stands for ML, AI, Vision & Robotics Incubation cum Knowledge centre. It has been set up at University Institute of Engineering & Technology (UIET) Panjab University, Chandigarh. It has been established to create industry-academic partnership by encouraging students, faculty and industrial members to push R&D in the aforementioned disciplines.
Our Vision is to ensure that lab serves as a launchapd for new ideas/startups along with creating competitive solution for business enterprises in the domain of machine and deep learning.
• Promote industry-academia partnerships to foster consultancy and growth and create industry specific academic programmes.
• Encouraging students & Faculty in conducting R&D in the fields of AI, Deep Learning, Vision and Robotics.
• Creating a center for academic and industrial innovation in research and new product development to attract global interest and investment.
• Promoting Entrepreneurship and Technoprenures amongst students and faculty members, in sync with Start-Up India Scheme.
• Mobility and international cooperation of Students, scholars and faculty through international tie-ups.
We are also researching on developing smart AI based tools for application to the field of image analysis and processing, specific to Medical Imaging.