Goonj is the annual cultural techno & literary festival of University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University.
Design of hybrid type environmental friendly vehicle to provide support for human being to run it in rough terrain.
- Engineering students develop robot for soil testing
-With a view to reducing the efforts of scientists and farmers and helping them in soil testing, students of the University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET), Panjab University (PU), have developed an autonomous surface monitoring robot (ASMR), which will measure the characteristics of soil. The robot bagged the first prize at a national-level competition this week and can be controlled through a laptop.
- The team, “Abhiyanta”, comprising Bhavjeet Singh, Bharat Gera, Robin Kaul, Siddhartha Kwatra and Rohan Arora, developed the robot.
- Bhavjeet Singh said the project was mainly aimed at reducing the efforts of scientists. “The basic concept is to bring automation in surveillance methods, which can prove useful in various fields like archaeology and farming. We have developed an autonomous robot that goes to different land positions in a systematic manner, measures soil characteristics, including moisture, temperature and conductivity, and stores the data on a laptop,” he said.
- The students said the conventional ways of soil testing needed a lot of hard work and were time consuming as one had to go to different parts of the land and then measure the characteristics after which farmers determined the fertility of the soil.
- “At present, scientists and farmers either use a sensor or send samples to a laboratory to check the characteristics of soil,” said Bharat, a team member.
- He said the robot was useful in soil testing in remote areas and with certain modifications, it could be used for extraterrestrial land surveillance.
- Of the over 2,000 entries in the national-level competition, five teams were shortlisted for the final competition, “Niyantra”, organised by National Instruments, in which the team stood first and was awarded a cash prize of Rs 75,000
With the presence of Haryana Education Minister Smt. Geeta Bhukkal in the Inauguration Ceremony,
AAVISHKAR’14 – The Renaissance started with a flood of Participants at the Registration Desk..
With over fresh 350 Registrations in its first hour, we finally ended off to 600 Registrations….. the participants while competing in ROBOBALL, SUBMERGED, TELEPATHIC LINE FOLLOWER, WEB DEVELOPERS and many more events.
The day ended in a spectacular fashion when Our Another Chief Guest of Honour Mr. Kalpen Parekh, the CEO of iDFC graced us during the Open Air Screening of the Movie “ONE IDIOT”.
NEEDLESS TO SAY, THE NEXT TWO DAYS PROMISE TO BE MORE EXCITING THAN WHAT TEAM “AAVISHKAR’13” ANTICIPATED