Download information as: vCard
University Institute of Engineering & Technology(UIET), Panjab University(PU), Chandigarh, INDIA
Dr. Prashant Jindal, Ph.D., Assistant Professor
Sector-25, Panjab University,
· Mechanical and thermal characterization, nano- composites, carbon nanotubes
· Ph.D.,(Mechanical Engineering), Panjab University, Chandigarh, INDIA (2014)
· M.E.,(Mechanical Engineering), Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh, INDIA, (2006)
· B.E.,(Mechanical Engineering), Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh, INDIA (2002)
Principal Investigator for the project title-“Development and characterization of polycarbonate and glass CNT with specific reference to energy absorption and pressure sensing characteristics,” funded by ARMREB, DRDO, New Delhi, 2011 to 2015
1) University Institute of Engineering &Technology(U.I.E.T.),P.U., Chandigarh – Assistant Professor (Sep, 2008 – Till Date)
Assistant Professor in UIET, P.U., Chandigarh
2) Perot Systems, Noida- Associate (June, 2006 – July,2008)
Software Developer in Perot Systems, NOIDA
3) Chandigarh College of Engineering & Technology – Lecturer ( Feb,2003 - July,2003)
Research and Teaching for engineering students.
Additional responsibility of a placement associate to coordinate all campus placements related activates in the college.
4) Larsen & Toubro Ltd. -Executive (Sep 2002 – December 2003)
Executive with Division of Construction Equipment machinery, Larsen & Toubro (L&T) Ltd.
List of Books/Book chapters published
1. Prashant Jindal, “High Strain Rate Behavior of Nanocomposites and Nanocoatings,” SpringerBriefs in Materials, 2014, ISBN: 978-3-319-14480-1
2. Prashant Jindal, “Dimensional measurements and Poisson’s ratio of Carbon Nanotubes,” LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2014,ISBN: 978-3-659-56207-5
3. Saurav Gairola, Amrinder Pal Singh, Prashant Jindal, “Review of Thermal Characterization of Polymer-Carbon Nanotubes”, Processing and Fabrication of Advanced Materials: XXIII, Volume-1,ISBN:978-93-84588-17-5
4. Prashant Jindal, Aditya Chhibba, Navin Kumar, “Dynamic Mechanical Analysis of PMMA/MWCNT composites”, Nanotechnology: Novel Perspectives and Prospects, ISBN(13):978-93-392-2109-6
List of publications in journals
1. P. Jindal, S. S. Gupta, S. Bansal, S. Gairola, S. K. Pandey, A. P. Singh, and R. Bhandari, “Thermal Expansion Behaviour of PMMA / MWCNT Composites,” Int. J. Res. Mech. Eng. Technol., vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 62–64, 2014.
2. P. Jindal, M. Goyal, and N. Kumar, “Mechanical characterization of multiwalled carbon nanotubes-polycarbonate composites,” Mater. Des., vol. 54, pp. 864–868, 2014.
3. P. Jindal, M. Goyal, and N. Kumar, “Role of carbon nanotubes in polycarbonate composites for modification in hardness,” Int. J. Nanoelectron. Mater., vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 85–91, 2014.
4. S. Jandial and P. Jindal, “Review of Carbon Nanotubes/Poly (methyl methacrylate) Composite Fabrication and Mechanical Characterization Techniques,” Int. J. Res. Advent Technol., vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 92–94, 2014.
5. A. Chhibba and P. Jindal, “Mechanical Characterization of Varying Deposits of MWCNTs on Glass Surfaces under High Strain Rate Loading,” Int. J. Res. Advent Technol., vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 147–151, 2014.
6. A. Chauhan, A. Singla, N. Panwar, and P. Jindal, “CFD based thermo-hydrodynamic analysis of circular journal bearing,” Int. J. Adv. Mech. Eng., vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 475–482, 2014.
7. A. Chauhan, A. Singla, A. Chhibba, and P. Jindal, “Static Load Measurement Using Multi Walled Carbon Nanotubes,” Int. J. Adv. Mech. Eng., vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 483–487, 2014.
8. P. Jindal, S. Pande, P. Sharma, V. Mangla, A. Chaudhury, D. Patel, B. P. Singh, R. B. Mathur, and M. Goyal, “High strain rate behavior of multi-walled carbon nanotubes–polycarbonate composites,” Compos. Part B Eng., vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 417–422, Feb. 2013.
9. P. Jindal, M. Goyal, and N. Kumar, “Modeling Composites of Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes in Polycarbonate,” Int. J. Comput. Methods Eng. Sci. Mech., vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 542–551, Oct. 2013.
10. P. Jindal, M. Goyal, and N. Kumar, “Dynamic impact absorption behaviour of glass coated with carbon nanotubes,” J. Surf. Eng. Mater. Adv. Technol., 2013.
11. P. Jindal, “Compressive Strain Behaviour under Different Strain Rates in Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes-Polycarbonate Composites,” J. Mater. Sci. Eng., vol. 02, no. 01, pp. 2–4, 2013.
12. P. Jindal and V. K. Jindal, “Strains in axial and lateral directions in carbon nanotubes,” J. Comput. Theor. Nanosci., vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 148–152, 2006.
13. P. Jindal and V. K. Jindal, “Model for compression of fullerenes and carbon nanotubes,” Mol. Simul., vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 807–810, 2005.
List of proceedings in Conferences
1. P. Jindal, et al, “Conceptualization of design and selection of a spanner to unscrew the wheels of a vehicle more efficiently and speedily,” National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering at P.U., Chandigarh, 20-21 May,2011
2. P. Jindal, et al, “Design and Analysis of a Multi-headed multi-lever spanner to unscrew the wheels of a vehicle,” National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering at P.U., Chandigarh, 20-21 May,2011
3. P. Jindal, et al, “Shock compression of Fullerenes and Carbon Nanotubes.,” The 25th International Symposium on shock waves-ISSW25 at IISc Bangalore, 17-22 July,2005
Papers presented in Conferences
1. “Storage Modulus variation for MWCNT/PC composites at different temperatures”, International Conference on Advanced Composite Materials(ACM 2015), Shanghai, China, 19-21 July, 2015
2. “Role of Carbon Nanotubes for pressure sensing applications”, Harnessing Engineering, Technology, and Innovation for Sustainable Growth (HETIS-2014), P.U. , Chandigarh, 19-20 September, 2014
3. “Dynamic and static mechanical strength of multi-walled carbon nanotubes polycarbonate composites”, 22nd Annual International Conference on Composites or Nano Engineering(ICCE-22), Malta, Europe, 13-19 July, 2014
5. “Elastic Behaviour of Polycarbonate based CNT composites under impact loading.,” International Conference on Nano Sensors and Technology(ICNST-2010) at CSIO, Chandigarh, 28-30 October,2010.